- Lord Shinkwin, Chair, The Centre for Social Justice Disability Commission
- Kamran Mallick, CEO, Disability Rights UK
- Anna Dixon, Former Chief Exec, Centre for Ageing Better and Chair, Archbishops’ Commission on Reimagining Care
- Michael Holden, Chairman, Centre for Independent Living, Northern Ireland, and UK Board Representative, European Network on Independent Living (ENIL)
- David Truswell, Executive Director, Dementia Alliance for Culture and Ethnicity
- Martin Walker, Policy Advisor for Personalised Commissioning and Self-Directed Support, Think Local Act Personal
- Paul Smith, Director, Foundations
- Warren Heppolette, Executive Lead - Strategy & System Development, Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
- Isaac Samuels, Co-chair, National Co-production Advisory Group
- Lianna Martin, Social Prescribing Programme Manager, Healthy London Partnerships
- Laura Alciauskaite, TRIPS Project Coordinator, European Network of Independent Living
Join us at Westminster Insight’s Independent Living Conference
where you will explore how the crisis can be turned into an opportunity by improving the right type, amount, quality and range of support options embedded in mainstream settings
to enable people to live independently and be included in the community.
You will hear directly from people with lived experience
, including older people, people with disabilities and mental health problems
, about how Covid has impacted independent living and what requirements will be needed for independence in the modern world.
Attend to learn how we can improve provision of personal assistance, health and social care, adapted housing and technical aids and equipment
to keep people living independently in their own homes.
You will explore how to remove barriers to participation in society as full and independent citizens through improving access in local communities to education, job opportunities, transport systems, leisure activities, general public services and the built environment.
Don’t miss your opportunity to enable people to have choice and control over how their needs are met and to stay independent, safe and well at home in their community.