More than four-fifths* of young women in the UK have been subjected to sexual harassment.
- Baroness Verma, Chair, UN Women UK
- Baroness Uddin, Member, Women and Work APPG
- Wendy Ghaffer, HMI Specialist Adviser Cross Remit Safeguarding, Ofsted
- Anne Shaw, Interim Managing Director, Transport for West Midlands *Violence Against Women and Girls Transport Champion
- Suzanne Baxter, Commissioner, Equality and Human Rights Commission
- Commissioner Angelique Foster, Derbyshire Police and Crime Commissioner
- Leanna Minahan, Head of Communities, Greenwich Council
- Dr Julie McGarry, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Safety Lead, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Anne McVicker, Director, Women’s Resource and Development Agency & Founder, Raise Your Voice Campaign Northern Ireland
- Nikki Pound, Women's Officer, TUC
- Deeba Syed, Senior Legal Officer, Rights of Women
- Laura Bates, Founder, Everyday Sexism
- Anna Sheppard, Safeguarding Lead, Plan International UK
- Reclaim These Streets Vigil – Representative
It is paramount that there is a shift in culture and momentum to build awareness
and challenge the normalisation of sexual harassment
, creating a more equal society.
Join Westminster Insight’s Tackling Sexual Harassment Digital Conference
to hear from key stakeholders in Education, Police, Local Government
and key NGOs
to explore future policy steps and develop national approaches
towards tackling sexual harassment. The half-day briefing will be broadcast live from our studio in London via an interactive digital platform.
You will hear from key activist groups such as Reclaim These Streets, Everyday Sexism and Rights of Women
on building safer spaces with open dialogue and implementing effective processes to report sexual harassment.
We will explore how to tackle the rise in online sexual harassment
and build safer online spaces
that protect and prevent sexual abuse and harassment. Wendy Ghaffer
will discuss how to educate young people
to cultivate a cultural change in future generations.
Learn from local collaborative approaches taken in both Nottingham and London,
utilising local campaigns and engaging with communities to address sexual harassment in society.
*UN Women UK