- Dr. Adam Read, President, Chartered Institute of Waste Management
- Lottie Free, Team Leader Plastics, International and Climate Team, Resources & Waste, Environmental Quality Directorate, Resources and Waste, DEFRA
- Judy Proctor, National Plastics Strategy Lead, Environment Agency
- Helen Bird, Strategic Technical Manager – Plastics, WRAP
- Karen Graley, Partner & Manager, Packaging Innovation and Delivery, Waitrose & Partners
- Steven Morgan, Head of Policy and Infrastructure, RECOUP
- Adrian Hawkes, Policy Director, Valpak
- Paul Vanston, Chief Executive, Industry Council for Packaging, and the Environment
- Timothee Duret, Director of Sustainable Technology, Veolia UK
- Roger Wright, Waste Strategy and Packaging Manager, BIFFA
- Dustin Benton, Policy Director, The Green Alliance
- Ali Moore, Head of Communications and Behaviour Change, Re London
- Senior Representative, LARAC
- The Behavioural Insights Team
In the UK, over 5 million tonnes of plastic are consumed each year -
and yet only 1 quarter of it is recycled*.
Join us at Westminster Insight’s annual Managing Plastic Waste Digital Conference.
Hear from key stakeholders on the latest regulations, innovations, and changing consumer behaviour
as we work towards a circular approach
to tackling plastic waste, reducing plastic usage and increasing recycling rates.
and The Environment Agency
will share the latest policy reforms, expectations and upcoming regulations emerging from the consultation on plastics and the Environment Bill.
We will review the progress of the 'UK Plastics Pact'
and gain practical strategies to eliminate problematic plastics
and increase recyclability. RECOUP
will provide expert guidance enabling you to ensure business readiness and compliance
for the implementation of the Plastic Tax in April 2022.
Our interactive panel session will explore collaboration projects across the supply chain which are reducing plastic waste through circular design.
Producers, waste management services, local authorities and third sector initiatives will share how they are working together to design a sustainable end of life journey
for plastic products.
Explore innovative and sustainable alternatives to plastics
that are helping to transform packaging and are meeting recyclable thresholds. Biffa’s Packaging Surgery
will share how to use waste as a resource to reduce financial burdens for producers.
Finally we will review practical strategies and best practice from industry leaders and successful case studies on nudging consumer behaviour to reduce, reuse and recycle plastic waste.
This half-day event will be broadcast live from our studio in London via an interactive digital platform.
*UK Statistics on Waste, July 2021